[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 15 18:44:31 CDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 06:38:05PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I'd like to see basic OpenGL when running linux on it.
> I haven't actually used parallels.  I might get it sometime this summer,
> eventually.

As much as I like Parallels, I'm becoming really enchanted with VMWare
(particuarly ESX) at work.  I've consolidated four or five old Dell
Precision 220-class/vintage machines onto new RHEL4 VMs on our ESX
cluster so far, and have a few more to go.  It's nice being rid of old
flaky hardware, without having to actually buy new hardware.

Most of the stuff I'm consolidating is low-load machines like mail
routers, DNS servers, NIS/LDAP gateways, internal mailing list servers,
etc.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford