[rescue] Multics--completely MIA?

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 14:54:58 CDT 2007

I was reading about historical computers today (much more fun than
doing homework), and I again came across some pages on Multics. It
seems that Canada shut down the world's last running Multics system
back in 2000. There are no working simulators (that I found), and the
software itself isn't online. Is Multics pretty much MIA now, except
for some old machines locked in a DoD storage facility or something?

John F., luddite-in-training
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn