[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sun Apr 15 08:56:13 CDT 2007

>>> Well, about the beers. Airflow only helps to make the temperatures
>>> even
>>> - so if your beer is colder than the air in the room, the airflow
>>> will
>>> warm it up quicker. If the beer is warmer than the air in the room,
>>> then... ummm... why did you warm it up first place? :)
>>>
>>> It's like a fan or a refrigerator in closed room - it can only
>>> heat the
>>> air quicker because all the electricity becomes warmt too.
>>>
>> As someone suggested to me on the list a while back, wherever the beer
>> is in the room, if it gets warm, you're just not drinking it fast
>> enough. ;-)
>
> You try drinking Guinness fast then tell me I'm doing it wrong ;o)

I am more of a bitter drinker, so I understand the temperature thing,
but I don't drink Guinness often, so I can't tell you. Seems a shame to
drink Guinness fast anyway, now that you mention it.

I just keep my homebrew kegs in the basement, so the beer is usually
about 55-60 degrees. Really cold is only good for beer that tastes bad
anyway.

Steve S