[rescue] Google Map - My Map feature

Wesley W. Will wwill at siu.edu
Thu Apr 12 07:34:13 CDT 2007

Dan Duncan wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Wesley W. Will <wwill at siu.edu> wrote:
>> Dan Duncan wrote:
>>> Where would one get THAT much gunpowder in this day and age?
>> from the stock rooms of any of the several firearm or farm stores in my
>> area, for one.  the local gun nut hangouts probably keep 50 or 60 kilos
>> of the stuff, each store, on hand.  that'd make a pretty large boom, if
>> you set it off all at once.  rob three stores and you'd get enough to
>> bring almost anything down.
>
> History says it was about 1800 lbs. and the nursery rhyme pegs it at
> three score barrels.

OK, so fifteen stores or two warehouses.  Spread the acquisition out
over time to raise fewer alarms.

If you've access to a smal quantity of brains and can remember "15:3:2",
buy a load of potassium nitrate fertilizer, some charcoal, and a few
bags of sulfur.  Pick a moist climate or put in a big honkin' humidifier
(or a few pounds of graphite) to keep the static sparks down.  Any
schoolboy can mill gunpowder.  Schoolgirls even more so, they're
probably more liable to get the measurements right.  But it wouldn't be
recommended unless you really, really needed to remove a pesky
Parliament building.