[rescue] Restoring yellowed computer cases...

Lucyen Gabbard lucyen at uark.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:27:07 CDT 2007

There may actually be another solution that is even less desirable.  On some
higher dollar european cars (let's say Volvos from the late 80's and early
90's), all of the dash boards would be made of black vinyl (or some other
crazy skinned foam material) and then *painted* with a special vinyl paint.
Although I have never tried it, I would imagine that a paint that sticks
well to vinyl would also stick well to plastic, if the plastic were cleaned
first.

On the bad side, it will probably take shiny plastic and turn it into matte
plastic, but we're outside my realm of expertise there.

If you are planning on dying the plastic, wouldn't you have to bleach (or
something) the plastic first to get the original pigment out?  What about
adding a flourecent dye like laundry detergents?

-Mr. Lucyen Gabbard                                           --
 Systems Administrator                        Join The ASCII  /~\
 College of Engineering                       Ribbon Campaign \ /
 1108B Bell Engineering Center                Against HTML     X
 Fayetteville, AR  72701                      Email!          / \
 E-Mail: lucyen at uark.edu