[rescue] Google Map - My Map feature

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 10 08:00:17 CDT 2007

>From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
>Date: 2007/04/10 Tue AM 07:51:56 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Google Map - My Map feature

>I'm in Northfield MN. Probably far enough south of Minneapolis/St. Paul to
>miss the fireball; I'll just get radiation sickness.
>
>With two liberal arts colleges and the home of Malt-o-Meal cereal, I doubt
>we're on the list for a nuke of our very own :-)

Well, depends on who's pointing the nuke ;^)

Honestly, were someone to point a nuke at the continental US, they would likely pick a target for non-strategic purpose - most likely it would be symbolic... Also, the chances are probably better that you could hit a non-military target, everything else being equal, as non-military targets would likely have no real defense.

Were I to "target" the US (and I'm not, trust me 8^), I would target someplace in the middle of nowhere, with a relatively large population. THe goal would be to show that no place is safe, not to get the greatest body count - remember, they are called terrorists, not accountants ;^)

Sorry for such a serious post in a humorous thread...

Lionel