[rescue] I got a new Octane! Why can't I talk to it?

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Fri Apr 6 02:50:53 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 07:22:37AM -0500, Erie Patsellis wrote:
> Jody,
> most of the major distributors (allied, Digikey, Mouser) have that
> connector, it's not cheap as I recall, but a handful of mins with a
> soldering iron and a cable could become immensely valuable

I have to correct myself, it is actually an 8w8 connector (though
digikey does indicate that I *can* purchase a 5w5 connecetor or 24w7(!)
connector for that matter).

Now I just have to figure out what the pinout for Impact Video is so
I construct a breakout box (I think the SGI Hardware Developer's Manual
has this info).

Thanks!

Jody