[rescue] U60 Serial Console Question

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 09:52:01 CDT 2007

Besides Phil's great advice below -

what I used to do was plug a laptop into serial port
"A" and reboot headless & keyboard-less.  Running on
the laptop was a good terminal emulator with a large
buffer space to capture all of the console messages so
that nothing was lost.  It even wrote everything to a
file if the buffer space filled up.

I used a program called TeraTermPro (freeware stuff)
that was (IMHO) just a "whole" lot better than
hyperterm.

I could leave the laptop plugged in for days at a time
until the next "occurrence".

I even set up a complete remote location with a
centralized TeraTerm install, and was able to have
both serial console capture and have
framebuffer/keyboard still work for the local folks -
but that's another story....

regards
steve

--- Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>