[rescue] Rubber rot?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 24 17:37:16 CDT 2006

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2006/09/22 Fri PM 05:43:31 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Rubber rot?

>C Fernandez wrote:
>> Don Y wrote:
>>
>>> So, what causes this?
>>
>> I hear that ozone will rot rubber type materials.  Do you have one of
>> those Ionic Breeze type air purifiers?
>
>The ozone generated in urban areas during summer from car exhaust and
>sunlight will do it too.

Is there any way to send ozone to the big hole over the antarctic - I hear that s a big roblem wiht the environment... And hey, doesn't my laser printer generate ozone? Could I start a campaign to "print a core dump" for the environment? (though, to be honest, "Take a dump for the envronment" is a catchier bumper sticker... ;^)

Lionel