[rescue] Sun drive array heatsinks?

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Sat Sep 23 17:14:54 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 09:09:45PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 06:09:08PM -0700, Don Y wrote:
> > Were they only used on the D1000?
> > They don't really *fit* in the 711 case...
>
> I've only seem them in a D1K/A1K.
>
> (Speaking of, anybody in Houston want to trade me something interesting for
>  a D1K full of 12x9G drives, complete with PCI controller card and cables?
>  I need the space back off my dining room table...)

$ork just shipped a D1000 full of 18gb drives to our Atlanta office,
along with a SCSI card, and cables, and attached it to a V880. It was
cheaper than buying the expansion backplane and new 73GB FC-AL disks. No
comment on why the V880 wasn't bought with the extra backplane
originally anyway....

--
It's not working because:  Someone's tie is caught in the printer, and if anything else gets printed, he'll be in it too.