[rescue] Sun drive array heatsinks?

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Sep 22 17:32:10 CDT 2006

Hi,

Each of the drives in my D1000 has an aluminum plate fastened
to the underside.  (P/N  340-5928-01)  I assume these are used
to improve cooling for the drives ("heat plate").

I am moving the drives to a 711 enclosure (different drive
orientation, different air flow patterns, etc.).  I'm wondering
if I should leave the plates on the drives or pull them.

My current approach is;  lave them on and see if anything
gets too hot; if so, try removing them  ;>  (not very
scientific  :<  )

Thanks for any light you can shed on this...
--don