[rescue] Sun Ultra 60 pricing

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 14:57:02 CDT 2006

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 @ 10:52 +1200, Kevin Fitzgerrell said:

> > Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >
> > "Computer Connection" is selling Ultra 60 machines on eBay for $195
> > each.
> > <snip>
> > Sound like a good deal?  Anyone ever buy from these guys before?
> >

> If "Computer Connection" is CCNY I bought 10 U60s and 5 U5s from them last
> year for similar prices (I think the U5s were $95).  I had them custom
> configure the U60s (add floppy, DVD drive, 2nd video, 2nd ethernet, single
> 450mhz CPU) which raised the price per unit by about $50 (which I thought
> was outstanding).

That *IS* outstanding compared to the prices they qre quoting now for
upgrades.  They want $85 just for a 450MHz CPU.  Did they cut you a deal
because you ordered a lot and were far away?

Also worth noting is that CCNY gives you a one year warranty with their
systems.

Maybe $140 for a U60 with a year warranty isn't so bad.

But then... I'm patient and need to think about the $125 I'll have to
pay for each drive I add, plus external bays if I need them, etc.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]