[rescue] Sun Ultra 60 pricing

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 14:54:21 CDT 2006

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 @ 15:12 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> Of course, you can cheaply add faster SCSI cards if you can live with
> external disks.  I have a U2W card in a U5 (one of the few machines
> where you could put the faster disks inside).

I wonder if you could route a cable from one of the 64-bit PCI slots to
the internal SCA backplane?

It's just nice to use the internal drives since most of my servers don't
need tons of storage space.  Usually 36GB drives are enough.  The
projects I have which require more... sadly I've had to back burner them
for the time being.

Maybe one of these days we'll get support for 64-bit PCI SATA
controllers on the Uxx systems.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]