[rescue] Real amp draw of E3000

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Sep 21 11:57:04 CDT 2006

(Another) Will wrote:

> A = W / V
>
> So:
>
> A = 750/240 (for the UK)
> A = 3.125 (again for the UK)
>
> A = 750/120 (for the US?)
> A = 6.25 (again for the US?)

  "Aiiieeee! MATH!!!"  *head 'splosion*

   Also, Phil wrote:

> I think when I had my E3000 running, it was drawing about 8 amps after
boot.

   Based on those two replies, I think I have about the same load in the
old full rack as the new one without the V40z, so I will look elsewhere
for available capacity.

   Thanks to all to helped me avoid a st00pid mistake.

- Will
P.S. That A=W/V equation looks familiar. I just wish I could remember
that kind of stuff. :7( Mind you, for some reason, I haven't been able
to get PV=nRT out of my head since tenth grade, though I'm hazy on what
use it is to me now that I don't measure anything in moles or
atmospheres anymore...
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator