[rescue] FYI - great HP printer tech support page

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 21 08:54:27 CDT 2006

Hello all,

I wanted to share with folks a nice HP printer tech support site - just by browsing their pages Iwas able to learn how to do a cold reset that allowed me to "rescue" a Jetdirect 600N (J3113A) that was set to an odd IP configuration.

The site: http://www.printertechs.com/tech-support.php

The problem I had was my HP Laserjet 2100 had a Jetdirect card in it with IP addresses well out of the IP address range on my metwork (and I didn't want to go through the hassle of futzing with IP addresses on a computer to be on the same subnet/etc as the printer), so some googling found the above site. The trick was to "cold reset" the printer by holding down the "job cancel" button on power-up until all three status lights flash back on. Once I did that, all the IP (and other) settings were restored to factory default values, which meant DHCP configuration.

Yay!

Anyway, I found the site to be useful, and I thougth I'd pass it along...

Lionel