[rescue] Real amp draw of E3000

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Sep 21 08:38:59 CDT 2006

Can anyone suggest what load a Sun Enterprise 3000 really draws?

   The Sun docs and System Handbook web pages say it requires a 15 amp
circuit (duh) but I can't find an actual figure on what the maximum or
average figure are.

    I'm re-racking a few things in my data center, and I would hate to
overload the PDU's circuit breakers. :7)

   Thank you in advance.

- Will
P.S. I am a literature major and I learned all my home improvement
skillz from "This Old House," so if "load" and "draw" are the wrong
terms, feel entirely free to be as abusive as you like when correcting
me -- just make sure to provide an answer. :7)
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator