[rescue] Question: Interest in $20/Gig RAM for Ultra 1/2/30/60/80/etc...

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Sep 17 10:12:26 CDT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:47:35 -0500 (CDT), Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >From: Mike Meredith <very at zonky.org>
> >8 (4 banks of 4) I believe and so memconf
> >(http://www.4schmidts.com/unix.html) tells me.
>
> You Brits sure have funny math - here in the state, 4x4 = 16 ;^)

More like a funny brain. I somehow got it in my head that the Ultra60
had just 8 sockets, saw that memconf disagreed, check on the 'net for
better information, realised it had 16 sockets, and *still* put the
wrong number down right next to the right answer. Sigh.

Shame it doesn't seem to have worked out ...  my headless U60 is
frequently paging ferociously with just 512Mb. Shame I can't use the
memory from the unused Creator3D.