[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Oct 27 19:47:57 CDT 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 03:35, Andy Wallis wrote:
[...]
> Before answering, my personal definitions for true "Mission Critical"
> are these:
> Mission Critical: If it fails, it will be front page news and it
> won't be good.
[etc]

I'll tell you what's scary. A manager visibly shaking at your desk
pointing out that they'll be out a quarter million if your project -
which has just keeled over despite some late evenings beating it into
shape - doesn't fly, and you don't know how to fix it. I could almost
see my P45 (en_US: pink slip) in front of me there and then.

As it so happens, I did pull that particular rabbit out of the hat
and it *is* front page news, but in a good way. But I'd rather have
not been in that position, TYVM.