[rescue] Last Call for ordering your Alpha system

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Oct 27 18:06:08 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 06:08:14PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> It's sad to see yet another non-X86 architecture go away.

I'm spending the evening building up (installing a 40G IDE hard drive
an 48X CD-ROM) and installing CentOS 4.3 on my "new" Alpha 164LX
system.  533Mhz, 1G RAM, Tulip ethernet.  I got it for "cost of shipping".

Used to be a system named "radon" at CMU.

I'll be using it for Lisp development and just general messing around.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas