[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Oct 27 16:04:31 CDT 2006

Thu, 26 Oct 2006 @ 23:44 +0100, Steven Hill said:

> >> the raw data is still being written to 8mm Exabyte tapes,
> >
> > Woo, write once, read never! 8-)
>
> "What's all that brown stuff coming off the tape?"
>
> "Data, son... Data..."

I have some 4mm DAT tapes that I would like to read and archive on CD.

However, I just noticed that they have black sludge oozing out of them.

Ideas?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak
is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime