[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 26 13:00:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:49:12PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 11:29:02AM -0500, Dr. Robert Pasken wrote:
> > the raw data is still being written to 8mm Exabyte tapes,
> Woo, write once, read never! 8-)

And if you wonder why I hate 8mm tapes, a lot of it comes from when I had
to drive a minivan to Austin (from Houston) and pick up all the tapes that
we had in storage at Iron Mountain.  I'd hoped that we had some (still
usable) DLTs in the bunch, but 90% of the load was 12 and 13-year-old
8mm tapes.

(pictures) http://www.mrbill.net/tapes/

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a minivan full of tapes..."

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas