[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Oct 26 10:46:48 CDT 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 01:18, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Actually I've been looking for some sort of *recent* and up-to-date
> > tutorial on getting Linux (any distribution that supports it) up
> > and running under Hercules emulator, just to be a sick puppy.  Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Is it even possible to run Linux under Hercules without VM?

Of course it is.  I can run it on the bare hardware[1] without running
it under VM, and most people I know running it under hercules aren't
gonna spend money on a VM license to do so...

[1] It still needs its SE to be reinstalled so that it believes its a
real machine, not a CF, and can use the ESCON, Parallel Channel, and
ENTR/FENET channel adapters in it. :(  Still need to find software for
that...

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCAC       ---  http://www.rcac.purdue.edu