[rescue] sgi Multilink Adapter

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Sun Oct 22 18:14:41 CDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Paul E Coad <coad at sonic.net> wrote:

> Yesterday I found a sgi 1600SW in a box on a street corner in Mountain
> View.  The paper taped to the box had the words "Free" and "Works" on
> it.  Unfortunately it has an interesting LVDS connector at the end of
> its cable.  My research shows that in order to use it with anything
> I currently own I need a Multilink Adapter.
>
> Does anyone have a spare they are willing to let go of for a reasonable
> price?  Alternatively does anyone in sillycone valley have one that I
> could borrow/rent to determine if the monitor really works?

I do in fact have a DVI->LVDS converter box that I can't use.  I bought it
at the same time that I bought a 1600sw on ebay that arrived with the screen
shattered by FedEx (who never did reimburse me or the seller).  The
converter ran me around $200.  I'd be willing to trade it for something
interesting that has either a Sun or SGI badge on it :)

Caleb