[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Oct 20 13:36:17 CDT 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:01:10AM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>> Didn't Sun help finance the FreeBSD and Linux ports to niagra?
>
> Sun has been very liberal with handing out Ultrasparc T1 systems to
> the community (see the T1000 they donated to SunHELP, which ships to
> the colo facility this weekend...)

If only we could get something running on sun4d.  NetBSD claims to have
"partial" support but I don't know what further work is required. I have
a 20 proc sc2000 I can bring online (it is getting close to winter) with
serial/network access if anyone wants to work on that.  I also have
several ss1000/1000e's if that would help.

- Kevin