[rescue] Using old MC5 terminal on Sun Fire V210

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Oct 11 09:49:24 CDT 2006

Andrew wrote:

> Don't you need to pull the keyboard off and use only the Terminal?

   From what I've read of the V210 & V240, using the port tagged "SERIAL
MGMT" (and not the one tagged "SERIAL OIOIO") on the back is mandatory
to configure ALOM until you get an OS installed.

   Mind you, the server ships with Solaris installed, but it's ignoring
the display & keyboard that are cabled up and persistently using the
terminal. I feel like Homer Simpson yelling "Be funnier!" at his TV.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator