[rescue] U60 "freezing" issue

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Oct 7 03:38:47 CDT 2006

On 7 Oct 2006, at 08:28, Bill Bradford wrote:
[...]
> Speaking of.  I'm in need of three small-as-possible PCs of some sort;
> anything that runs Linux is fine.  (basically I need to setup and
> test/
> experiment with LVS load balancing).  Anybody got stuff they need
> to get
> rid of?

I'd suggest MicroATX kit, in the MicroATX cases. It's reasonably
efficient on space, but also fairly standard and a surprising amount
of the cheap crap is MicroATX. There are smaller systems such as the
MiniITX stuff, but it seems to be rather less generic so the prices
are higher.

You *might* find that you can dry-run the load-balancing with a
single PC running Xen. If it's a single-CPU box, the LVS might act a
bit funny as the load will of course be all on one CPU, but you may
well get some experience and useful answers without the expense and
bother of getting more machines.