[rescue] Challenge, anyone?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Fri Oct 6 13:48:31 CDT 2006

The boards, especially 4-CPU R10K processor boards, late-model IO4 (SCSI)
boards whose part numbers end in -107 or later, memory boards with 64 MB
SIMMs, etc.  People will pay actual money for a VFE 100base NIC, though I
dunno why.  Ditto fiber-optic networking stuff.  Video options, though rare,
might be valuable.  The disk sleds and power supplies are nice to have, too.

'Cause they are huge and run on 220, an XL is an "acquired taste," but there
are quite a few home users.  The deskside units are a bit more reasonable (I
love mine), but won't hold as much stuff as the rack monsters.

Are you planning to bring it back whole, or strip it there?

Don't I owe you a package?  I forgot all about it, what with the various
local upheavals.

-Shel