[rescue] Free DEC Alpha Equipment

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 10:51:34 CST 2006

On 11/16/06, Chris Brandstetter <sirloxelroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>         I have 3 rack mountable (they are removed from their racks each one
> is about 16 inches tall) Dec Alpha systems.
>
> A) 4100 with 512MB Ram Dual 466MHz Procs and no HDD
> B) 2100 with 640MB Ram Dual EV-4s 1MB and 1 HDD with Digital UNIX V4.0
> C) 2100 with 640MB Ram Dual Unknown CPUs 1HDD with OpenVMS 6.2
>
> For Free for anyone to pick them up in Lincoln Nebraska.
>
> Chris Brandstetter
>
> -----Begin Geek Code----
> GCS d s++:++ a C++++ U++++ L++++ P++++ E--- W+++ o K w---- O M++++ V+ PS
> PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5+++ X++ R tv b++ DI+ D+ G e+ h++ r- z?
>
> ------End Geek Code-------
> To Decode:http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/

Hi Chris.

Would you be willing to ship one of those? How big are the hard drives
on the two 2100s? How much would you say they weigh? If it's not too
heavy, I'd probably be able to shell out for shipping on one of them.
I guess I don't really know what one of these looks like--will it sit
on a desk, or does it need some floor space?

John Floren
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn