[rescue] Slightly OT: Problems with simh and macbook

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Nov 13 16:09:32 CST 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Dan Williams wrote:

> I have been runing simh on a Macbook. I am having problems with the
> amount of processor time it takes up.

This is a universal problem with simh.  It emulates doing nothing as
fast as it possibly can.

I've thought about seeing if I couldn't hack in a select() statement
somewhere to make the simh process sleep a millisecond or two every time
some very common goalpost is reached to make it feel like it's running
on much slower hardware, but that would require free cycles on my end of
things.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and