[rescue] x86 power question

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:13:38 CST 2006

At this point, I may just begin from scratch.  Without another x86 box
to narrow down the problem further, I don't really know what else to
try.  And, to be honest, I'm tired of fscking around with it, even
though I'd like to know the root cause.  Often the "tired of it" gene
beats up the SA gene these days.

It sucks that it works perfectly fine with no boot disk when started
off of a LiveCD. :-(

I've even toyed with the idea of OS X server on the Quicksilver
running SW RAID 5, but I start twitching when I think about that on
IDE disks.

I researched the PSU issue pretty thoroughly when I bought the Antec
because of the ATI card.  Their PSU's performed as well as the higher
priced ones at that time, though they were not "over-spec'd" as much
as PCPower or a couple of the other high-end PSUs.

=Nadine=