[rescue] Free: HP7550A Graphics Plotter

Robert Slover robert.j.slover at verizon.net
Fri Mar 31 22:15:29 CST 2006

Greetings,

I've got an HP Plotter that needs a good home.  I just ran it through
its demo mode here and my 10-year old daughter was enthralled watching
it.  I've had it for a few years but have never had room to set it up,
I figure it is better to let it go to someone who might actually use
it.

There's one just like it on Ebay currently, auction 7604317164.  The
plastics on mine look much more yellowed, but I have a bucket load of
pens for it in a bunch of different colors, most still in the original
packaging.  It has two carousels, one marked "P" for paper and one "T"
for transparency.  The one manual I have for it is the "Interfacing and
Programming Manual", which is a little over an inch thick.  The plotter
will handle media up to 11 x 17.  It doesn't have an output tray with
it (when it was in service where I used to work, it sat on the end of a
counter with a metal basket next to it to catch the output).

This one has never had a conversation with a PC -- spent its life at
the end of a serial line tied to a VAX.

It's yours for the cost of shipping.  It's pretty heavy -- the eBay one
says 40lbs, which seems about right.

--Robert