[rescue] Putting an insecure machine on a network

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Tue Mar 21 14:08:37 CST 2006

Steve Hatle writes ...
> On 3/21/06 1:09 PM, "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at tandem.artell.net> wrote:
>
> >   If not, I'll
> > probably just use some different machine/OS combination.  I've far
> > exceeded my time budget for this.
>
> OpenBSD, baby. It's in there :-)

Well, yeah, but I have other stuff already built.

In any case, adding the SUNW packages let me build IPFilter, even though two
of Mike F's listed packages don't seem to be part of Solaris 7.

However, the doco for ip_fil3.4.35 indicates that running "make package" will
build a package (maybe it does, no error messages anyway) and kick off pkgadd
to install it.  I certainly doesn't do the latter, and I can't figure out
which of the zillion files and directories holds or _is_ the alledged package.

Can anyone tell me?

-Shel