[rescue] Putting an insecure machine on a network

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Tue Mar 21 13:09:35 CST 2006

 Mike F says ...
[of Blastwave]
> b) Packages are available for Solaris 8 - "11" which works on
> Solaris Express/OpenSolaris. However, most/all of the
> packages are built for Solaris 8, and since they're
> forward-compatible the newer version packages are just
> symlinks to the packages for Solaris 8.

Ah.  I'm on Solaris 7, and, since this was supposed to be a quick little
project, upgrading to Solaris 8 just for this seems impractical.  Especially
since I don't have installation media....

I'll see if install the Sun packages you mentioned fixes it.  If not, I'll
probably just use some different machine/OS combination.  I've far exceeded my
time budget for this.

Thanks for your help.

-Shel