[rescue] Free to a good DC area

Nick B. nick at pelagiris.org
Sat Mar 18 15:35:32 CST 2006

As you may or may not be aware the tasks put to computers have increased in
complexity at a staggering rate since their invention.  This has caused the
creation of a whole market dedicated to faster, cheaper, more efficient
computers, which do all the tasks older systems are capable of, and many more
at the same time.  The net effect of this is systems age poorly and are quickly
rendered obsolete by their newer counterparts, who are faster, cheaper and
more efficient.  The prices drop so dramatically in fact that there has sprung
up a whole community devoted to the aquisition and preservation of the older
computers, so they do not get thrown out and destroyed.
Hm.  I wonder if there's a thesis somewhere in there.  Sorry for the rant,
rough week.
	Nick