[rescue] Netbooting a NeXTStation?

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Thu Mar 16 21:40:37 CST 2006

On 3/16/06 1:10 PM, "Zach Lowry" <zach at zachlowry.net> wrote:

> Thanks, but this doesn't answer my question. I need to extract the
> next filesets and unpack them on a Linux host in such a way that I
> can then boot my NeXTStation from it.

It might be interesting as an exercise, but without Netinfo, as bear has
pointed out, it might be a tough gig.

Older OSX server used Netinfo IIRC, so there might be some joy there, but I
think it diverged enough from *Step to make it moot.

Heck, if it's not having a drive that's stopping you, I'll clone you a 50
pin SCSI drive with NS3.3 and the Y2K patches on it, and you can just plug
it in.

If you could get it to work "natively" with modern hardware/OS, that would
be major (but obscure) geek points :-)

Steve