[rescue] G3 Score

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:25:42 CST 2006

On 3/8/06, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:

> interesting that 3rd parties like firefox, realplayer, opera all
> support 10.2, but apple doesn't.
>
> gonna centralize user mgmt and /Users?

Want a better one? I was reinstalling 10.2 on my Wallstreet which, in my
case, meant installing 10.0 through 10.2 as both my 10.1 and 10.2 copies
were upgrades. At each step, I let Software Update install all updates.
After 10.1.5 (horribly obsolete), Software Update installed a iPod Update
dated from this past January (i.e., two months ago). Also, iTunes for
10.2is the latest version, even though QuickTime is not.

In short Apple apparently selectively updates some packages to work with
older OS versions, but not others.

Mister left hand, meet mister right...

<<<john>>>