[rescue] NeWS

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Mar 1 08:16:15 CST 2006

Sheldon T. Hall <shel at tandem.artell.net> wrote:
[...]
> Or not. If you only install "packages," maybe, but for some versions of
> UNIX, you can't get everything you want in packages, or the packages
> aren't updated often enough, or at all.

I generally use Debian stable, which *defines* out of date.

You can use dh-make-perl which downloads, builds, and packages CPAN modules.
deb-make plays nicely with automake-enabled applications and will spit out a
package just fine. Failing that, there's always backports.org, or backport
them yourself.

I go by the principle that if a file outside of /home or /var is not tracked
by the package manager, it shouldn't be there.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key