[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 30 22:47:15 CDT 2006

der Mouse wrote:
> I recently ran into such a problem, and yours may be related.  I use a
> Sun, with 1152x900 output.  I recently had occasion to hook it up to an
> LCD display.  The display was too brain-dead to display 1152x900; it
> insists on rescaling it up to fit the display (which has more pixels
> than that; I speculate it's 1280x1024).  This produces some very
> disconcerting blurs - which remain fixed as text scrolls, something
> visually even more disconcerting.

Yup.  This is one reason why I've made no effort to upgrade all of our
monitors to LCDs.  Admittedly the major one is the cost; but, the cost
aside, I'd be willing to -- and would like to -- get a good LCD monitor
on babylon5, because babylon5's display runs at maximum physical
resolution (currently 1920x1200) all the time.  But vorlon, my game
machine, will probably always have a tube.  Because, being a gamebox, it
operates at varying resolutions.  And while an LCD monitor can be
pin-sharp at its native physical resolution, at any other resolution it
looks like ass...  and not in a good way.