[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Thu Jun 29 22:59:58 CDT 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 11:52 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:45:23PM -0700, Don Y wrote:
>> My first move -- fresh out of college -- I *filled* (no, not
>> "shared"!) a 34 ft moving van.  19,000 pounds of *my* stuff.
>> The memory of having that much sh*t ^H^H^H stuff ever again
>> helps me keep things "reasonable"   :-/
>
> I had a 2-car garage full of rescued/collected stuff in Austin, and
> got rid of *all* of it (either through giving it away, or tossing
> the stuff nobody wanted).  Now, I only have the systems that I
> actually *use* - for the older stuff, I emulate it.

When I moved into my current home 5 years ago it took me three trips
with a 17' U-Haul to get all the gear moved from one storage locker
to one closer to home.

Since I am no longer actively hacking on or dealing in surplus gear
it too was a good thing (for me anyhow) to shed all of the excess
stuff. Took forever to do though it seemed.

Now I just need to apply this lesson to my model airplane goodies...

;-)

--
Mike N

I'm the guy the 'tow-away' signs warned you about.