[rescue] Sun Blade 100 SCSI Card

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 18:54:17 CDT 2006

>From: Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com>
>Date: Mon Jun 26 14:56:58 CDT 2006
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Sun Blade 100 SCSI Card

>I thought they were backwards compatible both ways - you can run
>33/32 cards in 66/64 slots, and 66/64 cards in 33/32 slots. IIRC,
>I've done both, and they work.

In my exp., while a 32 bit card can be run in a 64 bit nearly every time (the slot will act properly), there is no guarantee that tha 64 bit card will fit in a 32 bit slot - remeber, you need a cleen area past the connector to allow the "extra" pins on the card to fit... For many new boards, that is not a problem (they've designed for that), but older cards it is hit-or-miss...