[rescue] Sun Blade 100 SCSI Card

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 14:11:19 CDT 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:03:46 -0400, Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com>
wrote:

> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> Anyone know which LVD SCSI cards work as a boot device in the Sun Blade
>> 100?
>
> One of these will: http://search.ebay.com/120002048329
>
> There are 2 on ebay.

That's a 66 MHz 64 bit PCI card; I don't think the Blade 100 would have
anything better than 33 MHz 32 bit slots (sunsolve says three "full size"
33 MHz slots; I'm guessing that means "full card length" and not "longer
slot connector").  At least that's the case with my Ultra 5, which is
basically the previous generation of the Blade 100's role.

Related question: can you run 66/64 cards in a 33/32 slot at all, or will
they just not work?