[rescue] which drives for a blade 100?

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Sat Jun 24 15:14:36 CDT 2006

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> A cursory check of eBay says you should be able to get something nice
> for less than $25.  I'm pretty sure I picked up my last stack of Symbios
> cards for $10 - $15 each at Goodwill in Austin.  These (really
> excellent, actually) cards don't tend to bring all that much because the
> name isn't as well-known in the PC world as Adaptec is.

Which is a shame too, 'cause Symbios Logic (aka LSI Logic these days)
makes SCSI HBAs and RAID cards that are superior to Adaptec in almost
every way.

If you're looking for Sun-compatible PCI SCSI cards, keep your eyes open
for something similar to this one, they don't show up often any more:

http://search.ebay.com/8831558263

Antares - before they were bought out - made Ultra2 LVD and Ultra320 PCI
SCSI cards for Suns, complete with FCode in ROM on the card.  They
*don't* Just Work with Solaris like they do with *BSD and Linux, though.

These people bought out Antares a couple years ago, and have made
drivers available for Solaris versions 8-10 on their web site:
http://www.sbei.com/index.php/support/software_drivers/#dvrSto

The cards are EOL, so I wouldn't expect support past Solaris 10.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com