[rescue] Strange behavior from framebuffer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 07:32:41 CDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to resurrect an Axil 220 system (it is an SS/5 clone with an 85 MHz CPU that takes three sets of 2 72 pin parity RAM and has a built-in TGX framebuffer), and the framebuffer is acting wierd.

On power-up, the monitor syncs briefly, then the monitor goes dead (meaning not to sleep (amber light) and not sync'ed to a signal (green light) - the light goes out.

Any ideas what is going on?

I'll try another framebuffer later tonight, but I've never seen anything like this before. I've also got the original MB I could swap back in (it has a 70 MHz CPU), but this just seems odd...

Lionel