[rescue] Blade 100

Brian Howe bwhowe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 16:22:59 CDT 2006

I've been playing with Ubuntu, and just did an upgrade from the 5.10
to 6.06version of the distro. I have to say it is the easiest and
cleanest
installation that I have ever dealt with. YMMV of course. Of course I'm not
using any of them new-fangled LCD displays :) Them's too purty fer me.

Trying to get FreeBSD and xorg to work together on an U2 system has been a
nightmare.

On 6/13/06, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> velociraptor wrote:
> > As I am currently fighting with an "upgrade" of Kubuntu taking my Xorg
> > south (working from a Live CD at the mo), I gotta say, I miss the Mac.
> > :-/  <rant>How is it that a perfectly function xorg.conf works on one
> > version and not the next?  And "not working" in this case is not a
> > minor thing, it's a can't load core devices thing.  Not to mention
> > it's inconceivable to me that a livecd can consistently figure out a
> > display--with a passable set of fonts/resolution, mind you--yet the
> > fscking X config scripts can't.</rant>
>
> After trying to configure xorg on a Gentoo install, it is my considered
> opinion, especially having been spoiled by AccelX's install/config for
> about eight years now, that xorg's entire config suite is a festering
> pile of fetid dung that needs to be scrapped and rewritten from scratch.
>

> --
> Phil Stracchino                     Landline: 603-886-3518
> phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net         Mobile: 603-216-7037
> Renaissance Man, Unix generalist, Perl hacker, Free Stater

Brian Howe