[rescue] Reverse Proxy appliance

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:59:16 CDT 2006

On 6/13/06, Eric Webb <ttlchaos at randomc.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just want to pick the collective brain -- is anyone aware of or have any
> preferences of appliances that function well as reverse proxy boxes?  We have
> an old Cobalt (Linux + Apache?) that appears to be having hardware issues and
> we want to replace it with something new.
>
> The Netcache boxes appear to do this, but it seems like those may be
> over-qualified for the job?   What else is out there?

F5 Load Balancers do this as well as load balance, and can optionally
provide SSL hardware acceleration--even if you don't get the SSL
accelerator, they will still host the SSL certs (easier to manage than
lots of web servers, since replicating is a one-line command or
web-interface "click" away).  But, likely as not, you might consider
them overkill as well.

=Nadine=