[rescue] Apple PB190 driver for Xircom PCMCIA NIC?

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 00:57:36 CDT 2006

Hello,

a Xircom "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100-Ready" (CE3B-100BTX) PCMCIA NIC recently found its way to me, unfortunately without adaptor cable(s).

Inserting it in my Apple Powerbook 190 (System 6.something IIRC, my only machine with PCMCIA slot yet) produced a message to the effect that the necessary support software wasn't installed and whether I wanted the card ejected just now or later ;). Anyway a new symbol with the name of the card appeared below that of the harddisk and showed me that it was detected correctly.

Some searching of the net didn't turn up anything that looked particularly useful regarding drivers for anything besides Windows - not even at the Xircom (now Intel) product support site - and I'd be grateful to learn whether I have a chance of getting the card to work in the powerbook before I go shelling out money for a replacement cable. Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Arno Kletzander

BTW: If you have replacement cables/dongles to offer in Europe, then please do so :)

--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen

Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft f|r 0,- Euro*!