[rescue] My Best Rescue to Date.. Ever

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sun Jan 22 21:00:37 CST 2006

on 1/21/2006 7:53 AM Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Sat, 21 Jan 2006 @ 04:57 -0800, Devin L. Ganger said:

>> Now, using the new formats for the entire man set on one of the BSDs I
>> can quite understand (and indeed, structural markup formatting is a
>> great reason to choose the new macros for an entire distro); I just
>> don't think it's an appropriate thing to assume for a more generally
>> available piece of software unless you take pains to point out what
>> needs to be changed so that your man pages actually work.

> But this is talking about something an app creator did.

Which is, in fact, what I was talking about the whole time.

> The original posting (and some others) I responded to was implying
> pretty strongly that the fault was with groff.

You inferred; I did not imply (since you were responding to my post). I
said troff for a reason. I was talking specifically about Solaris, which
has troff/nroff and does not need groff for man pages.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/