[rescue] Sparc LX Wanted

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Feb 28 12:43:48 CST 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> Mmmm, I have a Cycle-5 upgraded ClassicX here.  It made more sense to
>> replace my ClassicX's system board rather than my LX's.  Got it
>> loaded up with an SBUS PCMCIA card, holding an 802.11b wireless card,
>> and running NetBSD.  Quite a little beastie really :-)
>
> Any details on this available? I've thought about doing something
> similar, even gathered the SBUS PCMCIA adapter, but never got around
> to it...

I gave this a try a long time ago on a vanilla LX, and performance was
pretty pathetic.  I think the word-swapping between PCMCIA and the CPU
was largely to blame, but NetBSD may have that sorted in the bus
abstraction system now.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "Pain and misery always hit the spot,
Elgin, TX           (     knowing you can't lose what you haven't got."