[rescue] Looking for 375-0078 Raid Controller ....

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Tue Feb 7 14:28:49 CST 2006

dsimmons wrote:
> Please educate me. I have a fear of putting anything without a Sun PN in
> a Sun box. What RAID controller would you recommend?

Depends on if you need it to work with Solaris on SPARC ;)

If you need it to work via Solaris in your E250 the X6542A is your only
real choice.  If you can go Linux or *BSD then you have a much wider
range of choices.

> Also, would any 60ns ECC DIMMs work, then? I don't have to get that
> exact PN, either?

Some Compaq systems used memory compatible with some Sun systems, but an
E250 is not one of those systems (it's either the SS5 or U5 that will
take Compaq memory).

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com