[rescue] NeWS (Gnome)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Feb 2 13:28:17 CST 2006

Fri, 27 Jan 2006 @ 13:30 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:

> Gnome is a trainwreck that we're all being forced to ride.

Well, I booted my 15 year old X setup yesterday.

It doesn't look as slick, and Gtk apps were a little ugly, but it does
still (mostly) work.

It needs a lot of work to work on my current systems, and I guess I'm
feeling a little lazy about fixing all the problems in .Xdefaults and
the window manager configuration.

About 2 years ago I started on a rewrite designed to be modular and easy
to update, and support other window managers (my original was for twm
and fvwm). But, it keeps getting back burnered.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every